I wanted to create a food themed art piece to go on a large wall space in my kitchen. Anyone who knows my husband knows that he is a lover of burgers. Not only does he love burgers, he is a competitive eater of sorts, easily eating a 2 pound burger in 5 minutes. So in honor of his love for burgers, I incorporated burgers and comics into this pop art piece. This piece is going to be painted on a thin piece of birch plywood that you can buy at your local hardware store. It is very smooth and has a beautiful wood grain.
- 1/4″ thick birch plywood (or canvas) 2×3 ft.
- 2 thin pieces of wood for bracing on the plywood about 1.5″ by 32 in. long
- Wood glue
- bricks for weight
- Acrylic paint – black, blue, yellow, red
- Paint brushes – round and flat in assorted sizes
- Medium grit sand paper
- Jigsaw (optional)
- Saw tooth hangers
- 4 – 1/2″ nails
- Zinsser Bulls Eye 3 in 1 water-based primer
- Stir stick
- Paint roller
- Paint tray
Here is my tutorial on how I created this piece. Enjoy!
If you have any questions about this tutorial, please leave me a comment.